Vegan Brownie Recipe
I have shared many brownie recipes so far. I was sure that there was one vegan brownie recipe among the brownie recipes I've shared, but I recently learned that I had not shared a vegan brownie recipe before. Among the thousands of recipes, sometimes gluten-free recipes, dairy-free recipes, sugar-free recipes or flour-free recipes can be confused with each other.
The recipe I remember as a vegan brownie was probably a flourless sugar-free brownie recipe or a gluten-free red bean brownie recipe. I don't know if I thought it was vegan when it comes to dried beans. However, dried beans are not a substitute for animal foods, but somehow I miscoded them. Fortunately, it was not too late for me to realize this shortcoming and I prepared a delicious vegan brownie recipe.
In the vegan brownie recipe, I used banana instead of eggs and milk, peanut butter and oil instead of butter or cream. Peanut butter is not necessary. You can also use nut butter or almond butter instead. They will all do the same job. But of course, the taste and smell of your brownie will change depending on the ingredient you use. Of course, whichever you use, make sure it is sugar-free. If you have with sugar on hand and you have to use it, you should adjust the amount of sugar accordingly.
You can either omit chocolate or use chocolate chips instead. The chocolates are melted when the brownie comes out of the oven and while it's still warm, as seen in the photo. But just as the melted chocolate solidifies as it waits, the melted chocolate pieces in the brownie also solidify as it cools. Don't be disappointed if you slice the brownie after it has cooled.
Another thing that changes after the brownie has cooled is the consistency of the brownie. When it comes out of the oven, it looks like a soft, puffy cake, but as it cools, it gets heavy and takes on a brownie consistency. Either way, it's satisfying and very tasty.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 2 (400 g) bananas,
- 1/2 cup unsweetened peanut/hazelnut/almond butter,
- 1/2 cup of sugar,
- 1/4 cup of sunflower oil,
- 2 tbsps of cocoa powder,
- 1 cup of flour,
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder,
- 50 g of vegan chocolate.
- Take the bananas into a mixing bowl and mash with a fork,
- Add peanut butter, oil and sugar and beat,
- Add cocoa powder and whisk,
- Add the flour little by little and mix,
- After adding half of the flour, add the baking powder with the flour and mix,
- Add the remaining flour little by little and mix,
- Add the chopped chocolate and mix,
- Pour the mixture into a greased 15*20 cm baking dish,
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees until the toothpick comes out clean.