Tahini Chocolate Tart Recipe
Serving : 10-12 Servings
For the crust;
- 150 g butter, cut into cubes and frozen,
- 1.5 cups of flour,
- 1 egg yolk,
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar.
For the filling;
- 6 tablespoons tahini,
- 1/2 cup milk,
- 1/2 tea cup sugar,
- 1 egg white.
For the chocolate sauce;
- 100 g chocolate,
- 100 ml heavy cream.
- Mix flour and sugar for the crust,
- Add butter and mix well,
- Add egg yolk and knead until you get a hard dough that does not stick,
- Roll the dough for a 26 cm pie mold, and place into the greased mold,
- Set aside in the fridge for 30 mins.,
- Bake in a pre-heated 180 C degrees oven for 20-25 minutes,
- Meanwhile fro the filling, combine the tahini, milk and sugar in a deep bowl and mix well,
- In a different bowl beat the egg white until stiff peaks,
- Add the tahini mixture gradually to the egg white and mix with the spatula,
- Remove the crust from the oven, pour the filling into the crust and bake again for 10 mins.,
- For the sauce, heat the cream in a saucepan,
- Add the chocolate and mix until melts,
- Remove the tart from the oven and set aside for 10 minutes., then pour the sauce over,
- Allow to cool at room temperature, then set aside ib the fridge for 2 hours before serving.