Sour Cherry Yogurt Bars
Sour cherry yogurt bars are exactly the same as the recipe for oatmeal yogurt bars that I have shared before. Of course, with the sour cherry difference. I love sour cherry yogurt bars both for they are being so easy to prepare and their taste. When I decided to shoot a video for raspberry version, I wanted to have a different version and try the sour cherry one during the sour cherry season.
As I said, the recipe is the same as oatmeal yogurt bars. I just used sour cherries instead of raspberries. This means that you can make the recipe with any red fruit you want. You can use fresh or frozen fruit. If you use fruit with seeds, whether it is fresh or frozen, the seeds must be removed. You should use frozen fruits without defrosting them beforehand.
A crumble-like dough made of oatmeal, flour, sugar and butter is used for the base and the top. Thanks to the butter, it has a crunchy or crunchy texture. The inner mortar, on the other hand, has less material and is even easier. It's just yogurt, sugar and starch. This way it is very light. It is necessary to use strained yoghurt so that it can be easily pulled out and cooked thoroughly. If you do not have strained yoghurt, how to make strained yoghurt at home? You can turn homemade yogurt into strained yogurt with the method in the article.
In order to slice and serve the sour cherry yogurt bars without any problems, wait for them to cool completely after removing from the oven and before slicing. If it is not completely cooled, it will not give a visually satisfactory result.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 100 g of butter,
- 1.5 cups of oatmeals,
- 1 cup+1 tablespoon of flour,
- 1/2 cup of sugar.
For the filling;
- 500 g greek yogurt,
- 1/2 cup of sugar,
- 2 tablespoons of corn starch,
- 300 g of sour cherries.
- Melt the butter,
- Take oatmeal, flour, sugar and butter in a deep bowl and mix them with a spoon,
- Take the yogurt in a bowl,
- Add sugar and cornstarch and whisk,
- Spread more than half of the oatmeal mixture on the bottom of a 20*26 cm baking dish lined with greaseproof paper,
- Spread the yogurt mixture on it,
- Arrange the deseeded sour cherries on it,
- Sprinkle over the remaining oatmeal mixture,
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190 degrees until golden brown,
- Slice and serve after it has cooled completely.