Slow Cooked Lamb Tandır Recipe
Tandır kebap is one of the local specialties of lots od cities in Turkey. Almost all the people think that you can eat the best tandır in their city. Now we add another spot for the best tandır kebap; your home. All you have to do is go to a good butcher and find a good lamb meat.
After you find the best meat, you don't have to do anything other than waiting. All you have to do is wait, but wait patiently. If you are impatient and open the lid of the pot every two minute, you can get lamb rubber instead of lamb tandır as there will be a loss of heat and steam. Lamb tandır should be cooked for a long time at low temperature.
Let me answer the questions that you can think of right away;
No Water Is Added to the Tandır, Right?
Yes, no water is added to the pot. As the lamb is cooked, it releases water, as it releases water (broth), it cooks with its broth and it becomes heavenly delicious.
Is It Possible to Cook It In a Shorter Time?
No, it does not cook in a shorter time, in order for the lamb meat to become a good tadır, it must be cooked for a long time over low heat.
Can I Cook It In A Pressure Cooker?
No, it has to be cooked for a long time over low heat for the the lamb meat to become a tandır.
Enjoy the recipe ...
- 2 lamb shoulders,
- 4 bay leaves,
- 1/2 tsp black peppercorns,
- 4 pita breads.
- Wash and drain the lamb shoulders,
- Place them into a large pan to fit,
- Sprinkle with salt to taste,
- Add bay leaves and peppercorns,
- Cover and cook for 5-6 hours on the smallest burner of the stove over minimum heat,
- Before serving, chop the pita bread in cubes and place them on the serving plates,
- Wet the pita breads with the broth of the lamb,
- Shred the meat and place over.