Sac Tava Recipe
Although sac tava belongs to Diyarbakır cuisine, it is a dish that is known and loved in many regions in Turkey. As it is understood from its name, it is made in a thin sheet metal pan (sac). The contribution of thin sheet to the food is to ensure that the food is cooked in high temperature in a short time without drying, in a way that will remain soft, as it transmits the heat fast.
Of course, it is not possible to find a sac pan in every house and country. But this doesn't make us give up, of course. We produce solutions with appropriate alternatives. I use paella pan under my own conditions for example. You can use a thin-bottomed and wide pan. I used the paella pan while making beef tantuni before and got good results as well. If you live in Europe and if you do not have the chance to find a sac pan, you can go to a variety stores in one of your travels to Spain and get a cheap paella pan.
Back to our recipe ... The best of the sac tava is made with lamb meat. Lamb meat is cooked quickly and becomes soft. If you can find a good veal, such as tenderloin, you can also use veal. But from a random veal, you can only get a sac tava that you can chew like a rubber. This is not my recommendation as it will actually mean a waste of the meat.
The quality of the ingredients directly affects the taste of the dish, as with all dishes made with few ingredients. For this reason, you should choose the meat carefully and make sure that the tomatoes and peppers which give the recipe flavor are fresh and delicious.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 1 kg lamb meat,
- 1 onion, finely chopped,
- 4 green peppers, finely chopped,
- 3 tomatoes, finely chopped,
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil,
- Chop the lamb meat finely,
- In a large pan, heat oil and add the meat, stirring constantly, cook until brownish,
- Add the onion and stir fry until softens, stirring constantly,
- Add the peppers and stir fry for a few more minutes,
- Add and mix the tomatoes,
- Cover the lid and cook for 15-20 minutes.,
- Add salt, pepper and cumin, mix and remove from heat.