Roast Leg of Lamb
The recipe is very simple actually, but the experienced will know, in the kitchen the greatest errors are usually made in simple recipes. Therefore, it is better to go over the points that need to be careful for this recipe.
First of all, I want to start by recalling that the lambs are not grown in the factories. Since they do not come out of the same production line, they will vary in size, tenderness and therefore in cooking times. Do not set the oven's alarm and remove it from the oven regardless of whether the meat is cooked or not. Then we have to answer one question first.
How can we tell if meat derivatives are cooked?
There were two ways to understand whether the meat or chicken made in the oven or in the pot (the meat cooked in a pan or grill is a different category) is cooked ; observation and physical check. In order to observe, you should have seen cooked meat before. What you need to do is to compare the image in front of you and what you've seen before.
Roughly, if cooked meat is with bones, it is separated or is about to seperate the bones. If the bone is fiberlessmeat iss boneless it is seperated or about to seperate in pieces.
Chicken breast is slightly different. Chicken breasts are hardened when cooked. It is a more convenient method to psysically check whether boiled chicken breast is cooked or not. What you need to do to control is to stick a fork or a knife. If it's cooked it's easy to stick. If you're having trouble sticking, it means that you shpuld cook a little bir more.
The marination you use can always change according to your taste, but if you are using a delicious meat and you want to just add a slight flavor without suppressing the original taste, I will recommend to marinate with olive oil, salt and pepper.
I prefered to make bulgur pilaf and season the bulgur with caramelized onion and garlic, but if you wish, you can make plain rice pilaf or stuffing pilaf. But in this case, I recommend not to add onions and garlic, as it will spoil the taste of rice.
Enjoy your stay ...
- 1 leg of lamb,
- 1 onion,
- 2 cloves of garlic,
- 1 cup thick bulgur, washed and drained,
- 1 tbsp butter,
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil,
- Chop the onion and garlic coarsely and take into a baking dish,
- Rub the leg of the lamb with olive oil, salt and pepper and place into the dish,
- Wrap the container first with wax paper and then with aluminum foil and place in a 190 C preheated oven,
- Bake for 2 hours,
- Uncover the dhish and bake again for another haşf hour in the same temperature.
- Melt the butter in a large pan,
- Add the bulgur and sautee for a few minutes,
- Add 2 cups of boiling water and salt according to your taste and cover the lid,
- Cook on low heat until it absorbs all the water,
- Remove the dish from the oven and add the caramelized onion and garlic to the bulgur and mix.
- Take the bulgur into a large plate, serve the lef of lamb on top.