Beef Tantuni Recipe
Tantuni is one of the most traditional street foods of Turkey. It's home town is Mersin, a beautiful city in the south part of Turkey.
In order to make a delicious tantuni you should chop the beef very very finely. To do it easily you can freeze the beef for a few hours before chopping. Semi-frozen meat is really easy to chop.
You should also cook tantuni very very quickly so that the meat doesn't get harden or rubbery. Using a thin bottom pan like a wok pan would make it easier. If you havei you can also use a paella pan as I do. If neither of these is available, you can use any pan and cook it at high temperature.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 500 g beef,
- Vegetable oil,
- 1 teaspoon sweet chili powder,
- 1 loaf of bread,
- White onion,
- Chopped parsley,
- 1 tomato.
- Slice the onion and mix with the finely chopped parsley,
- Chop the tomato finely,
- Chop the meat very finely,
- Boil 2-3 cups of water in a pot,
- Throw the meat into boiling water and boil for 5 min., drain,
- Heat 3-4 tablespoons vegetable oil in a wok pan,
- Add the meat and cook stirring constantly,
- Add oil as needed and sprinkle water over with your fingertips,
- Roast the meat until the color turns brown,
- Add the chilli powder and salt and cook stirring for a few more minutes,
- Halve the bread and cut each piece into sandwich bread,
- Press inside of the bread pieces on the meat to absorb the oil,
- Share the meat into breads,
- Spread the chopped onions and tomatoes over the meat.