Poke Cake Recipe
I chose a different cake recipe for today. As a matter of fact, the cake is the same cake, the difference is the custard poured on it and the way it is poured. Before the custard is poured, holes are made on the cake and the custard is filled into these holes. In this way, while eating the cake, the pudding is felt not only on the cake but also inside it. As a matter of fact, it is a kind of practical cake.
Alternative forms of decoration
Alternatives for those who do not like coconut; ground hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts, grated chocolate.
You can make the cake plain and the pudding with cocoa. If you make a change in this way, the amount of materials will naturally change. However, since I have not tried it before, it is not possible to say the amount of material. If you are confident in yourself, you can try it by making an estimated change.
How long do you need to rest?
After preparing the recipe, let it rest for at least 2 hours. But in my opinion, it gets the best consistency the next day. That's why, if you want to prepare it for your invitation tables, this is a recipe that you can make your job easier by making it one day in advance.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 3 eggs,
- 1 cup sugar,
- 1 cup milk,
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil,
- 2 cups flour,
- 2 tbsps cocoa powder,
- 10 g baking powder.
- 2,5 cups milk,
- 1 spoonful of flour,
- 2 spoonfuls of wheat or corn starch,
- 2 spoonfuls of sugar,
- 1 tbsp butter,
- 10 g vanilin sugar,
- Shredded coconuts for topping.
- For cake cream together the eggs and sugar until white and frothy,
- Add the milk and vegetable oil and whisk,
- Add the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder slowly while whisking until you get a smooth batter,
- Pour into a greased 23*30 cm cake pan,
- Bake at 180 degrees C until toothpick comes clean,
- For pudding mix together the milk, flour, starch and sugar in a deep pan,
- Cook, constantly stirring, until set,
- Remove from heat and add sugar vanilin and butter, whisk for 2 mins.,
- Make hole on top of the cake with a stick or the stalk of a wooden spoon,
- Pou pudding over the cake,
- Sprinkle shredded coconut,
- Set aside for 2 hours.