No Yeast Easy Pogaca Recipe
Those who follow me on Instagram have learned, but I'm sure there are still some who haven't learned. We moved to Madrid at the beginning of December due to Yasin's job. We are staying in a temporary home for now, while looking for a permanent home. Even if it is temporary, I take advantage of staying at home during this time. I try the foods I can find here, trying to learn my limits. These pastries are also the first pastry I made here.
As cheese, I used a meltable cheese similar to cheddar. Normally, cheddar is a cheese that I never use in pastries or pastries. Because it melts and flows while cooking, and becomes like a stone after cooling. I find it very pointless to use cheddar. I mostly use fat-free feta cheese or curd cheese so that it stays just as I put it in the pastry. But here, unfortunately, I don't have such a chance under these conditions. It is not possible to find feta cheese anyway, but there is no cheese that can replace feta cheese. That's why I chose that, but my recommendation would be low-fat feta cheese or curd cheese.
Since I couldn't find sesame or black cumin for the topping, I used sunflower seeds. You can use any you like.
Ground pepper is not necessary, but it would be nice. If you don't use it, you don't have to replace it, you just might not use it.
- 100 g butter,
- 2 eggs (yolk of one for brushing),
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt,
- 10 g baking powder,
- 1/2 tsp salt,
- 1 tsp red sweet chili pepper,
- 2.5-3 cups flour,
- Cheddar or white cheese for the inside,
- Sunflower seeds for topping.
- Mix butter, 1 egg, 1 egg white, yogurt, baking soda, salt and chilli pepper in a deep bowl of ,
- Add the flour gradually and knead until you get a soft dough that does not stick to the hand,
- Take tangerine sized pieces, flatten in your hand, fill with cheese, fold and stick together,
- Place the pogacas into a baking pan,
- Press with a for in the edges,
- Brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with sunflower seeds,
- Bake in a preheated oven at about 180 C degrees.