Nigella Seed Paprika Crackers
I haven't shared snack recipes for a while. To make up for it, I wanted to share a super recipe before the weekend. I thought it would be a good option for those who only have the opportunity to use the kitchen on the weekend, and for those who will host their loved ones over the weekend. I like to have nuts or dried fruits at home for our guests who stop by for a coffee or tea. Of course, I am even happier if there are such homemade crackers or mini cookies.
Making crackers with nigella seeds and paprika is quite simple, but it is a snack recipe that takes some time to shape. I used a small ravioli cutter to make them tiny. Its size is about the size of a soda bottle cap. If you do not have a mold of this size, you can use the bottle cap as a mold. I tried it before, it works. Of course, it is also possible to roll them into tiny little balls. But it will take more time this way and if you get bored of making them tiny and start to enlarge their size a little, they will turn into soft pastries, not crackers, when baked.
They have to be as tiny as possible to be crackers. Even though you made them small, they may be soft when you take them from the oven (you can't understand the consistency until they cool down completely). You you can bake them again. But this time, keep the temperature around 100 C degrees so they don't burn. An extra 15 minutes of baking will be enough.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 3 cups flour, all purpose,
- 3/4 cup lukewarm water,
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil,
- 3 tsps instant yeast,
- 1 tbsp sugar,
- 1 tsp salt,
- 1/4 cup nigella seeds.
- In a big bowl add the water, vegetable oil, sugar and yeast and mix all together,
- Add flour gradually and start kneading,
- Add flour and knead until you reach an elastic dough,
- Cover the dough with a cloth and let rest in a warm place for about 30 to 40 minutes,
- Add nigella seeds and knead well,
- Roll the dough on a floured surface and cut the in small pieces with a bottle cap,
- Place the crackers on a cookie sheet,
- Bake in a 190 C degrees preheated oven until they are nice and golden brown, remove from oven,