Cheese Crackers Recipe
This is very easy and delicious snack cheese cracker. If you like cheese and one bite snacks at hand, I am sure you will love this recipe. Because these cheese crackers tastes really cheesy and are prepared in a very short time.
Pay Attention While Making Cheese Crackers!
The source of this flavor is, of course, cheese. So what will determine the taste of your crackers will be the cheese you use. What I am trying to say is, do not think of using the cheese you have forgotten in the cupboard for this recipe.
I've prepared recipe with kaşar cheese which can easily be found in all Turkish homes but you can have more aromatic crackers with cheeses with more character such as edam, mozzarella or real cheddar. However, fresh cheeses such as white cheese or cottage cheese are not suitable for this recipe because they contain high amounts of water.
You do not have to use the spices in the recipe, or you can use different spices. Wet ingredients such as dried tomatoes will not be suitable for this recipe, as it will prolong the crunching process, but you can use any dry flavoring ingredient in an amount that will not affect the consistency of the recipe.
The first step when starting to make crackers is to bring the cheese to the kneadable dough consistency with the help of a food processor. If you do not have a food processor, you can do it by grating and than kneading the cheese, but it can be a bit tiring. Other than that, it doesn't matter how you make it, as long as the cheese becomes doughy.
Crackers need to be baked twice to become crispy. When they first get out of the oven, they are crunchy in places, and soft in places, so don't worry about this. After the second baking, they all get crispy.
If you roll the dough thick, you may need to extend the baking time to make them crunchy. For this reason, do not set the clock to the time recommended in the recipe and remove the crackers from the oven and set aside. After taking them out of the oven, touch the few of the thickest, widest-looking ones, break them, taste them. If the biggest ones are crunchy, the others are already crunchy as well.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 100 g kaşar/mozzarella/cheddar cheese,
- 3/4 cup flour,
- 3 tablespoons of cold water,
- 1/2 teaspoon of thyme,
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper flakes,
- Take the cheese into a food processor and pulse until it gains a doughy consistency,
- Take it into a mixing bowl,
- Add flour, water, salt, thyme and pepper flakes and knead until you reach a soft dough,
- Put the dough between two pieces of greaseproof paper, roll it out 1-2 mm thick and cut it into 3 cm squares and place them on a baking tray with greaseproof paper,
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C degrees until golden brown,
- Remove from oven and set aside for 15-20 minutes until warm,
- Bake again in a 100 C degrees preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes.
Enjoy your meal...