- 4,5 cups rye flour,
- 2 cups lukewarm milk,
- 10 g instant yeast,
- 1 tbsp sugar,
- 2 tsps salt.
- In a deep bowl combine flour, yeast, sugar and salt together,
- Make a hole in the middle and add water little by littler and start kneading,
- Add water and knead until you reach an elastic dough,
- Knead for 5 mins. more, then make a ball and cover with a plastic wrap,
- Set aside until it doubles in size about 45 mins.,
- Knead the dough one more time and make 4 round or oval shaped breads,
- Place the breads in a baking pan covered with parchement paper,
- Set aside for 20-25 mins.,
- Score on top and bake in a 170 C degrees preheated oven for 20 mins.,
- Then decrease the heat to 150 C degreesand bake fro another 20 mins.