Lentil Kofte Recipe
I have a little note about the recipe. I don't normally use onions in lentil meatballs. But because I was tired of answering the question of whether there is no onion, I wrote the recipe with onions. You can make it with or without onions, it's entirely up to you.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 1.5 cups of red lentils,
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 1 cup of bulgur wheat,
- 4 cups of water,
- 1 handful dill,
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil,
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste,
- 2 teaspoons of sweet paprika,
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper,
- 3 teaspoons of salt,
- 1 handful of chopped dill,
- 1 handful of chopped parsley,
- 1 handful of chopped fresh mint.
- Rinse the lentils well and cook in 4 cups of water until most of the water is absorbed,
- Remove from heat, add the bulgur and salt, stir, put the lid on and let rest for 15 mins,
- Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan and add the onion and cook until tender,
- Add in tomato paste, then stir for 1-2 mins,
- Add the paprika and black pepper, stir and remove from heat,
- Add the mixture to the lentil mixture and mix well,
- Finally add the finely dill, parsley and mint and knead well,
- Once the mixture cools, form walnut sized balls out of the mixture and place on a serving platter lined with lettuce leaves,
- Serve with lemon slices.