Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf Recipe
Lemon bundt cake is one of many people's favorite cake recipes. Its smell, flavor and taste are enough to make you fall in love individually. Lemon cake also has a unique slightly wet consistency, which is not surprising for those who like this consistency in cakes.
After my lemon bundt cake recipe, which has been tried by thousands of people and received very good feedbacks, I wanted to share a lemon poppy loaf recipe. The lemon flavor is stable, the consistency is almost the same, as an extra crispy poppy seeds are felt in it.
In the lemon poppy loaf recipe, I used yogurt instead of milk, unlike the lemon cake. You can make all cakes with milk (see honey and walnut cake), yogurt (see pomegranate bunt cake) or heavy cream (see marble pound cake). But other ingredients need to be adjusted according to these ingredients. Therefore, if your culinary experience is not sufficient, do not substitute yogurt for milk and heavy cream instead of yogurt in any cake recipe. Try to find the version of the recipe you want to make with the ingredients you want to make. Even if you are determined to take the risk and make this change be more careful than ever.
I normally use 3/4 cup sugar in 2 egg cakes. But since the lemon has a tartness, I use 1 cup in this recipe. Still, it is a little more sweet than the cakes I normally make, but it is balanced with lemon in such a way that it feels like something is missing if less sugar is used. However, if you want it to be less sweet, you can use less sugar. In any case, taste the dough before placing the cake in the oven. Check if the amount of sugar is right for you and make the necessary changes. It is useful to remind once again that you do not prepare surprises for yourself. You can make changes that will predetermine how the result will be and ensure that the result is just for you.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 2 eggs,
- 1 cup of sugar,
- 1/2 cup of neutral oil,
- 3/4 cup of plain yogurt,
- Juice of 1/2 lemon,
- Grated zest of 1 lemon,
- 2 cups of flour,
- 1 packet of baking powder,
- 2 tablespoons of poppy seeds.
- Beat eggs and sugar,
- Add oil and yogurt and whisk,
- Add lemon juice and zest and whisk,
- Keep whisking, adding the flour gradually,
- After adding half of the flour, add the baking powder together with the flour and whisk,
- Add the remaining flour gradually, checking the consistency of the batter, add as much as necessary and whisk until it has a smooth consistency,
- Add the poppy seeds and whisk,
- If you taste it and find it low in sugar, add sugar and beat,
- Pour the cake batter into a 21 cm greased cake mold and bake in a preheated oven at 190 degrees until the toothpick test comes out clean,
- After it has completely cooled, you can remove it from the mold and serve by slicing.