Although baking a simple cake seems easy and straightforward, there might be some unforeseen results and your cake might not always turn out how you imagined it to be. Sometimes, you think you whipped up a perfect batter with the right consistency, then you bake it and it rises beautifully. But after you take it out of the oven, it sinks back down and becomes this tough cake instead of a soft spongy one. In order not to experience this ugly situation, you have to understand how your oven works. Every oven is different and a baking temperature given in a recipe might not be the ideal temperature for that recipe for your own oven.
- 2 eggs,
- 1 cup granulated sugar,
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil,
- 1 cup yoghurt,
- 1/2 cup warm water,
- 2,5 cups flour,
- 25 gr. baking powder,
- 25 gr. vanilla powder,
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds,
- Butter to grease the cake pan.
- Whisk together the eggs and sugar until white and frothy,
- Stir in the oil, yoghurt and water,
- Add the flour, baking powder and vanilla slowly while whisking,
- Stir in the pomegranate seeds,
- Pour into a greased cake pan and bake at 190 degrees celsius preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.