After Nevzine, we are again together with a Kayseri recipe. But is it over? Of course not. I’m planning to share yağlama recipe.
But now it’s time to talk about Kayseri mantısı. In Turkey when you say mantı, most of the people will think of mantı which is served topped with first yogurt and then tomato paste sauce. And that same people will underestimate Kayseri mantısı. I think that’s because it’s almost impossible to eat a delicious kayseri mantısı outside Kayseri. I admit that before eating mantı in kayseri I was thinking the same way. After tasting it in Kayseri the image of mantı on my mind has changed.
I’m going to underline two things about the recipe. Be sure to use the low fat ground beef. While eating, feel both the taste and consistency of the beef. Be sure to chop the onion really finely. While eating don’t feel the taste and consistency of the onion.
Enjoy the recipe…
- 4 cups of flour,
- 1 egg,
- 3/4 cups of luke warm water,
- 1 teaspoon of salt.
For the filling;
- 250 g of ground beef,
- 1 onion, chopped finely,
- 1 teaspoon black pepper.
For sauce and topping;
- 1 tbsp butter,
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste,
- 250 g plain yogurt,
- 1 clove of garlic,
- Mix the flour and salt in a deep bowl,
- Add the egg and start kneading,
- Add the water slowly and knead until you get a hard dough that does not stick to the hand,
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and leave for 20 minutes,
- Combine ground beef, onion, black pepper and mix the salt in a different bowl,
- Divide the dough into 3-4 pieces,
- Pick up a piece and roll into 2-3 mm thickness,
- Cut into squares of 1 cm each,
- Place a tiny amount of filling inside each square and fold from the corners,
- Prepare the rest of the dough,
- Boil 5-6 cups of water in a pan with little salt,
- Add into the mantı and cook until tender,
- Heat the butter in a saucepan,
- Add the tomato paste and sautee until smells good,
- Add the cooked tomato paste into the boiling mantı,
- Boil for a few more minutes,
- Crush the garlic and add in the yogurt and mix with the addition of little salt,
- Serve mantı topped with garlic yogurt and the spices you deserve.