Green Tomato Dish Recipe
I talked about making a green tomato dish on Facebook recently, and I promised to give the recipe as soon as possible. I saw that there are those who know the green tomato dish as well as those who have heard it for the first time. Green tomato dish is one of the flavors left over from my childhood. It was mostly done in the autumn when the tomatoes started to grow slowly and the last green tomatoes on the branches were collected.
I think you should try this dish once before the green tomatoes disappear from the counters. It will be your favourite, especially if you like sour dishes. Like every rice dish, I like to eat green tomato dishes with yogurt. If you are on a vegan diet, you can also choose vegan yogurt options.
Green tomato dish is quite a simple and plain dish. There is only red ground pepper as the main spice. It is the most commonly used spice in ours. I also add paprika because I like it very much. If you are good with pain, I guess you will like it too.
In many rice dishes, the vegetable is cooked in its own juice for a while before adding the rice. This period is kept very short in the green tomato meal. Because green tomatoes cook in a short time. If the green tomatoes are cooked before adding the rice, they will cook until the rice is cooked. For the same reason, green tomatoes are cut a little coarsely.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 5 medium green tomatoes,
- 1 onion,
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste,
- 2 teaspoons paprika,
- 1/2 cup rice,
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil,
- Finely chop and sauté the onion until translucent,
- Stir in the tomato paste and cook for 3 mins,
- Add in the paprika,
- Now add in the chopped tomatoes and stir,
- Put the lid on and cook on low for 15 mins,
- Add in the rice and stir,
- Add enough water to submerge everything and salt to taste, then put the lid back on,
- Cook until the rice is softened.