No Flour No Sugar Almond Muffins
This recipe does not contain refined sugar, fat and flour and technically it can be categorized as a diet recipe, but I can not say I have a diet recipe for you today. Because a muffin that you get with this recipe is 169 calories, while a standard muffin is around 200-230 calories. It's not important how much calories you get but where you get those calories, I know, but if you do not keep the amount of calories below a certain limit you can not lose weight regardless off where you get the calories.
On the other hand, it is a great recipe for those who want to eat clean. It is relatively low in calories, does not contain gluten, refined oil and refined sugar, it is as tasty as a standart muffin.
Now let's get to know about the alternative materials. First of all, I have to say that I have not tried this recipe with different ingredients. So I have no experience of possible consequences. So I do not know the result you get when you use date extract or molasses instead of dates, and what you can use instead of eggs. You can try if you want to risk it. But in the light of my general kitchen knowledge, I have some things to say. You may not use cherries at all or you can use different fruits such as strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, black mulberries instead. You can use hazelnut or walnut flour instead of almond flour.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 2 eggs,
- 200 g dates,
- 1 cup almond flour,
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder,
- 16 seedless cherries.
- Extract the kernels of the dates and pulse in a food processor until pureed,
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl,
- Add the date puree and beat,
- Add the almond flour and baking powder and beat,
- Divide the mixture into 8 muffin molds,
- Put two sour cherries into the muffins and dip them into the dough,
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160 ° C until golden brown and the toothpick comes clean.