- 400 g chickpeas (half cooked),
- 1 medium size onion,
- 4 garlic cloves,
- 1 handful of chopped parsley,
- 2 tablespoons flour,
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda,
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin,
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper,
- Vegetable oil for frying.
- Chop chickpeas, onions, garlic and parsley in a food processor until smooth,
- Add other ingredients and knead well,
- Form the mixture into small balls, about the size of a ping pong ball,
- Slightly flatten,
- Fry until golden brown,
- Serve on chopped lettuces.