For the shortbread;
- 2 cups all purpose flour,
- 1 egg,
- 100 g ice cold butter, cut into small cubes,
- 2 tbsp sugar,
- 1 tsp baking powder,
- 5 g vanilin sugar.
For caramel layer;
- 1 cup sugar,
- 200 ml heavy cream,
- 1 tbsp butter.
For chocolate layer;
- 80 g chocolate,
- 4 tsps butter.
- For the shortbread combine the flour, baking powder, vanilin sugar and sugar in a large bowl,
- With clean hands, rub the butter and egg into the mixture until it comes together in dough,
- Press it into the bottom of a baking dish (20*20 cm), spread evenly and prick with a fork all over,
- Bake in a 180 C degrees pre-heated oven until golden brown,
- Start making caramel after the shortbread becomes to room temperature,
- Take butter and sugar into a large pan,
- Cook until sugar melts and turns a deep caramel colour,
- Add heavy cream very slowly while stirring the caramel,
- Stir constantly and you reach a fluid texture,
- Remove from heat and set aside for 10 mins. and then pour on top of the shortbread,
- Take chocolate and butter into a sauce pan and put the pan into a larger pan half full of water,
- Stir until chocolate and butter melts and mix together,
- Pour the mixture on top of the caramel,
- Set aside in the fridge for about an hour, then slice into squares.