Orange Cheesecake Cookies
Today I have a different cookie recipe from standard cookies made with flour, butter, eggs and sugar. They are quite different in terms of ingredients, flavor and consistency. I called them cheesecake cookies because they were are with cream cheese and they are soft inside. Otherwise, they don't have 100% cheesecake taste and texture, so don't get the wrong expectations. Don't even get any expectation not to be disappointed. Just try them if you want to try a different cookie recipe.
Nevertheless, let me give you a few tips on the outcome. It has a silky-textured dough that takes shape very easily. It is very enjoyable to knead and shape. But in order to enjoy this pleasure, you must adjust the amount of flour as desired by your ingredients. Never forget that. The cookies are lightly wet-soft (like they are not completely baked, but they are of course) and very tasty. But to enjoy this flavor, you must adjust the amount of sugar according to your taste. A cookie which tastes perfect for me but you made doesn't make anybody happy.
I covered them with chocolate. You can skip this if you don't have or like chocolate. But if you cover them with chocolate, they're much more delicious.
I don't, but if you like it, you can also use white chocolate and get a look that suits more to winter.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 100 g of butter at room temperature,
- 100 g cream cheese,
- 1 cup powdered sugar,
- 1 orange peel, grated,
- 1.5-2 cups of flour,
- 100 g of chocolate,
- Pistachios to decorate.
- Mix butter, cream cheese, orange peel and powdered sugar in a bowl with a spoon or fork,
- Add the flour gradually and mix until a homogenous and soft dough is obtained,
- Take tiny pieces from the mixture, roll and place in a baking tray covered with wax paper,
- Bake them in a preheated oven at 190 ° C for 10-12 minutes, remove from oven and set aside to cool down,
- Melt the chocolate in microwave and spread it over the cookies and decorate with pistachios.