Chocolate Brownie Cookies
There's only chocolate in the cookie, I didn't use cocoa powder. So I opted for % 60 chocolate for a dense chocolate taste and smell. You can use milk chocolate, but in this case I would recommend you to add some cocoa so it will not be tasteless. But since I have not tried it before, it is not possible to give an amount. You should take the initiative yourself when making this change.
I used pistachio only visually. Because pistachios and almonds are not as aromatic as hazelnuts and walnuts. If they are not using in an excessive amount, you can't taste them in any recipe. The price of pistachio is really high, so I made a trick. You can use more pistachios and add it into the cookies o you can use almonds, walnuts or hazelnuts instead of pistachios.
When the dough is first prepared, it is almost liquid. After resting in the fridge it comes to necessary consistency. So do not skip this process. Instead of making the dough a ball, spread it in the bottom of the mixing bowl; so it will harden more evenly. If you make a ball, it will harden in the outside but it will remain liquid in the middle. This will make it hard to give shape for you.
You should fully heat the oven beforehand. Otherwise cookies can spread while cooking.
You should decide the baking time by yourself. Because, as in each recipe, the baking time depends on the size of the furnace, the tray and ingredients you use, and the size of the cookies. You can just look from the oven window and wait to see small cracks on top of the cookies.
When you just remove the cookies from the oven they will be a little bit dry. But when you wait for a few hours they will become more brownish. You will see the best brownie consistency in the next day. So if you have time you should bake the cookies the day before.
Enjoy the recipe..
- 2 eggs,
- 160 g of chocolate,
- 1 tablespoon butter,
- 3/4 cup of powdered sugar,
- 1/4 tsp baking powder,
- 3/4 cup flour,
- 1/2 cup pistachios, coarsely chopped.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in microwave,
- Beat the eggs with sugar in a deep bowl,
- Add into the chocolate + butter mixture slowly and mix fast,
- Add the flour part by part and mix with a spoon,
- Add the baking powder together with flour and mix,
- Put the mixture in the refrigerator and let rest 30 min.,
- Take small pieces from the dough, roll and press with our hand,
- Place the pistachio pieces on top of the cookies,
- Bake in a 180 C degrees preheated oven.