- 2,5 cups flour,
- 1 egg,
- 1/2 cup yoghurt,
- 1/3 teaspoon baking soda,
- Vegetable oil for deep-frying.
- Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda,
- Make a cavity in the centre and add in the egg and yoghurt,
- Mix and knead with your hands until you get a smooth soft dough,
- Cut the dough in half,
- Form each half into thick tubes with your hands,
- Cut each tube into 3 cm pieces,
- Cut each piece halfway using a knife as seen in the pictures above,
- Deep fry the pieces of dough in hot vegetable oil on both sides.