Fried Pastry For Breakfast Recipe
Friday is our breakfast day, as many of you know. Today, I wanted to introduce you to a taste from our place. You already know the fried dough. It is made with yeast or carbonate. This is the carbonated dough fries you know. It's just the shape that gives it its name.
Most likely, a scratch has been made between the dough so that it cooks faster and better. They saw that the shape resembles the paws of goats (original name in Turkish), they named it goat's paw. This is a story I made up, of course. I don't know how it got this name. But it's definitely a breakfast item that I enjoy.
Warm, fluffy, fluffy… It goes great with cheese, jam, honey, molasses… Who can resist if you have hot tea with you? I'm giving it under breakfast recipes, but you don't have to eat it for breakfast. For example, you don't have dinner. You don't want to deal with such watery food and rice. Prepare your dough in 5 minutes, shape in 5 minutes, fry in 10 minutes. Your main dish is ready. Let your wife take the trouble cheese and olives out of the fridge, right? :)
Or the neighbors called to pour the tea in half an hour saying we'll be with you. Even though they insist that they don't bother, everyone knows that tea cannot be drunk alone. You can prepare your goat paws in half an hour. Neighbors probably can't catch up in half an hour, you were late when they arrived, you can even reproach it because everything has gone cold :)
Enjoy the recipe...
- 2.5 cups flour,
- 1 egg,
- 1/2 cup of yogurt,
- 1/3 teaspoon of baking soda,
- Vegetable oil for deep-frying.
- Sift together the flour, salt and baking soda,
- Make a cavity in the center and add in the egg and yogurt,
- Mix and knead with your hands until you get a smooth soft dough,
- Cut the dough in half,
- Form each half into thick tubes with your hands,
- Cut each tube into 3 cm pieces,
- Cut each piece halfway using a knife as seen in the pictures above,
- Deep fry the pieces of dough in hot vegetable oil on both sides.