Vegan Cauliflower Fries Recipe
Fried cauliflower is one of those rare cauliflower dishes that even those who hate cauliflower love to eat. What do those who do not like cauliflower very much and who are vegan or who are allergic to eggs and / or milk do? Should they be deprived of this yummy dish. Of course not.
For this, I changed the regular fried cauliflower recipe made with egg and milk into a vegan version. If you are not vegan, do not think that this recipe is not for you. These are more than a vegan recipe. They have the same consistency and the same flavor with regular fried cauliflower but prepared in a different way. It is actually an easier recipe in a way because flour and water are more likely to be in every home than eggs and milk.
Baking soda is used for raising and lemon juice is used to activate the baking soda. You can also use baking powder in the amount of baking soda instead of the two, but only if you really have to. Baking soda is not only a raising agent but also a flavoring and coloring agent. Therefore, it adds a lot to the recipe it is used in, and also takes more than it is expected when removed.
I would like to highlight two things about frying cauliflower. First, do not over-boil the cauliflowers so that they do not break when dipping them in the sauce. Secondly, after frying the cauliflowers, serve immediately without waiting. As you wait, they will be softened. You can serve your vegan cauliflower fries with ketchup or vegan yogurt.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 600 g cauliflower,
- 1 cup of flour,
- 1 cup of water,
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda,
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice,
- 1/2 teaspoon salt,
- Vegetable oil for frying.
- Separate the cauliflower into its florets, wash and strain,
- Take them into a saucepan, add enough water to cover, close the lid and simmer in medium heat until semi cooked,
- Strain the boiled cauliflowers and let them cool enough to be touched by hand,
- Take the flour, water, baking soda, lemon juice and salt in a bowl and whisk,
- In a saucepan, heat enough oil to cover the florets,
- Cover the florets with the sauce one by one, place them in hot oil and fry until golden,
- Serve them hot with vegan yogurt.