Braided Çörek Recipe
I am here today with the recipe I gave the good news yesterday. We almost re-created the site by going through a radical change after long-standing viewing complaints. Don't look at what I said we created, I only contributed as an idea :) But I think that is the hard part of the job anyway :) As a result, we had a very pleasing image.
In addition to our new image, remarkable changes were made in terms of usage. Our top "dimensions" section was already present in our previous view. You can find gram equivalents of measures such as spoons and glasses here. You can clearly see the recipes under our categories in the recipe book section. In the archive section, it is possible to find my recipes in chronological order. You can send me your nice wishes by clicking "contact me" :)
There is also a tab on the right where you can find the most popular recipes. New additions can be made over time. In the meantime, if there are things that you see incomplete and limit your use, do not hesitate to give your opinion on the contact section or facebook.
I wrote that it was going to be a busy week on Monday. Yes, it has been a busy week, although not as much as we expected. On Monday evening, we celebrated the birthdays of our two valuable friends. I congratulate you on their new age again and again from here. I prepared a small farewell dinner at home for our dear friend Merve, who will change city on Tuesday. We had a special celebration on Wednesday evening. We were actually full last night, but when that last minute was canceled, our last night was dedicated to the site. I uploaded the recipes with photos ready to go. In short, we have beautiful recipes next week :)
For example, I made this recipe for sahur during Ramadan. However, I found the opportunity to share with you. I saw its shape on a foreign site a long time ago. But they didn't put anything in it there. It was made just for the sake of shape. I also made cheese so that it would not be like dry bread. I prepared the recipe by making a donut dough according to my own head.
The hardest part of the recipe is transferring the donuts to the tray after you have prepared everything. It needs to be done quickly, without delay. Also, using a long spatula will make your job easier. Lift the spatula from the bottom and insert it as far as you can. By the way, keep the tray right at hand. Lift it very quickly and put it on the tray. It may look a little shapeless when in batter. But don't worry, it gets a nice shape after getting into the oven and swelling.
It keeps its freshness until the third day. Maybe the fourth day is protecting it, but we could not see that day :) If you have a long time, you can also prepare these in the form of small donuts for one person. You decide whether it is worth the effort or not, because when it is sliced and served like this, it is very cute :)
- 2 eggs (1 egg yolk will be brushed on top),
- 1 cup warm milk,
- 100 g butter, at room temperature,
- 2 teaspoons yeast,
- 2 table spoon sugar,
- 1 teaspoon salt,
- App. 4 cups flour,
- Sesame seeds for topping.
- 1 handful of parsley,
- 250 g curd cheese or crumbled feta cheese.
- Combine milk, sugar and yeast in a mixing bowl,
- Add butter, 1 egg and 1 egg white, mix well,
- Ad flour part by part and start to knead,
- After you add half of the flour add salt,
- Keep adding flour and kneading until you reach a soft dough that does not stick to your hands,
- Make a ball, cover and set aside for 45 mins.,
- Mix cheese and chopped parsley together,
- Knead the dough again and roll into a rectangular shape with a pin roller,
- Make small slits on two sides,
- Evenly place the filling in the centre,
- Fold the pieces onto the centre, changing sides after every fold,
- Brush the top with egg yolk, sprinkle sesame seeds,
- Bake in a 180 C degrees pre heated oven until golden brown.