Tarhana Soup With Yogurt Recipe
Tarhana soup with yogurt is a local soup recipe, but it is not possible to say which region it belongs to. Because it is a soup made in many cities of Turkey from east to west. Just like many ancient recipes. I do not want to draw the angry glances of other regions by saying that it is a soup that belongs here because it is made in so many different places.
If you like tarhana soup and tangy soups with yoghurt, try both together. Although, if you have tried the tarhana meze with yogurt recipe that I shared last summer, you will be considered to have practiced this soup. Now, here is the recipe for tarhana soup with yogurt.
It is very easy to make tarhana soup with yogurt. First, yoghurt and tarhana are mixed and liquified with the addition of a little water, and it is heated with constant stirring on low heat so that it isn't curdled. Then, boiling water is added part by part while still stirring the soup.
The purpose of all these attention and slow steps is to prevent the yogurt from suddenly meeting with the heat and being curdled. Yoghurt tarhana soup thickens as it is cooked, just like in the tarhana soup recipe. It is cooked when it thickens completely. The salt of the soup is added after the soup is removed from the fire or even after waiting for a few minutes. This is also done to prevent the yogurt from being curdled. So don't skip it.
I use mint and pepper flakes together for the sauce to make it both colorful and extra aromatic. You can do the same or just use one of them. You can also choose hot or sweet pepper according to your taste.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 5 tablespoons of plain yogurt,
- 4 tablespoons of powdered tarhana dough (see the link in the explanation section),
- 5 cups of water,
- 1 tablespoon of butter,
- 1 clove of garlic,
- 1 teaspoon of dried mint,
- 1 teaspoon of pepper flakes.
- Take the yogurt and tarhana in a saucepan and whisk,
- Add 1 cup of water at room temperature and whisk,
- Take it to the stove and heat it on low heat, stirring constantly with a whisk,
- After warming up, add 4 cup of boiling water little by little and stir fast,
- Stir constantly, cook until it thickens and remove from the heat,
- Melt the butter in a separate saucepan,
- Add finely chopped garlic and stir,
- Add mint and pepper flakes and stir,
- Add salt and sauce to the soup and mix.
Enjoy your meal...