Apricot Galette Recipe
I devoted this week completely to summer recipes. After a soup recipe, cold soup with green lentils , and a main course, creamy chicken and zucchini a dessert would be a must and I chose apricot galette.
There are those who have already tried my recipes of black mulberry galette and plum galette and know what a great thing the galette is. For those who have not tried, and therefore do not know, the apricot galette will be just as great a start as the others.
I tried something different from the others in this recipe. I made the dough with yogurt instead of cold water and I got great results. What I mean by great is not that yogurt dough is better than water dough, but as good as it.
Galette is a wonderful recipe with the world's crisp dough and delicious fruit aroma and a wonderful recipe to serve with ice cream, especially with a home made apricot ice cream.
Enjoy the recipe...
For the dough;
- 2 cups of flour,
- 150 g of cold butter,
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar,
- 2 tablespoons juicy cold yogurt.
- 500 g apricot,
- 2 tablespoons sugar,
- 1 heaping tablespoon of starch (wheat / corn does not matter).
- Mix flour and sugar for dough,
- Chop the butter into cubes and add to this mixture,
- Start rubbing with your hands and mixing the dough,
- When it starts to combine together, add the yogurt and knead well,
- Put in the fridge for 10 mins.,
- In the meantime, remove the kernels of apricots and slice them,
- Blend the sliced apricots with sugar and starch,
- Remove the dough from the freezer and roll on a wax paper 3-5 mm thick,
- Place the paper and dough on a baking sheet,
- Spread the apricots in the middle, leaving enough space to fold from the edges,
- Fold the edges towards the middle,
- Place it in a pre-heated oven at 190 ° C and bake until the edges turns partly golden.