This year our favorite cake is apple spread cake. Both very easy to make and incredibly delicious. Even remembering the taste is enough for my happiness hormones to activate.
If you can’t succeed in bundt cakes, if the inside always remains raw, if you think you are not a bundt cake person, may be the thing you are looking for is this spread cake recipe. You don’t need to beat or mix anything, it doesn’t need to raise and it should be wet inside.
It’s not whipped like standard bundt cakes, but instead is made by spreading the ingredients in layers. There is no baking powder in the recipe, because it doesn’t need to raise, because it doesn’t have to be soft. It has the consistency of a wet cake inside and it is crunchy on top.
You can use the apple of any type you have for the recipe, as long as it is not too sour or too sweet. If you use very sour apples, you can only increase the amount of sugar and reduce it if you use very sweet apples.
I have already written the layers one by one in the recipe, but let me write the order of the layers from bottom to top again;
The amount of the ingredients in the recipe is ideal for a 20-21 cm springform pan. I use springform pan as it’s the only baking pan I have in this size and I cover it with wax paper in case the butter leaks while baking. But if you have another suitable mold, you can use it, springform pan is not a must. You do not have to use wax paper in that case, just grease the bottom and edges.
Enjoy the recipe…
- 2 large apples (about 500 g),
- 100 g semi frozen butter,
- 1,5 cups of oatmeal,
- 1 cup flour,
- 1/2 cup sugar,
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts,
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon,
- 2 tablespoons of sugar for topping.
- In a deep bowl mix oatmeal, flour, sugar, walnut and cinnamon,
- Peel the apples and grate with the thick side of the grater,
- Cover a 21 cm springform cake pan with wax paper,
- Spread one third of the oatmeal mixture to the bottom,
- Grate one-third of the butter with the thin side of the grater over the oatmeal,
- Spread over half of the grated apple,
- Spread half of the remaining oatmeal mixture over the grated apples,
- Grate half of the remaining butter,
- Spread the remaining grated apple,
- Spread over the remaining oatmeal mixture,
- Grate the remaining butter to the top,
- Sprinkle over 2 tablespoons sugar,
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190 degrees until golden brown.