Apple Filled Cookies Recipe
Serving : 35-40 Pieces
- 150g of butter softened at room temperature,
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil,
- 3.5 tablespoons of yogurt,
- 4 tablespoon of powdered sugar,
- 25 g of baking powder,
- 3-4 cups of flour.
- 2 large apples,
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar,
- 1/2 cup of ground walnuts,
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar to sprinkle on top.
- Grate the apples and cook on low heat until they release all of their natural juices,
- Add the sugar and cook until the juices evaporate,
- Add the cinnamon and walnuts, then remove from heat,
- For the dough, combine the butter, vegetable oil and yoghurt in a bowl,
- Add the powdered sugar and baking powder and start mixing with your hands,
- Add the flour slowly and carefully until you form a soft non-sticky dough,
- Pull clementine size pieces from the dough,
- Roll each piece out into the size of a small dessert plate,
- Cut the circle into 4 pieces,
- Put some of the apple filling onto the wider side of each piece and roll,
- Place all the cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper,
- Bake at 200 degrees celsius preheated oven until golden.
- Sprinkle with some powdered sugar and serve.