Garlic Breadsticks Recipe
We have a recipe for American cuisine, which is constantly underestimated and subject to jokes, but I think it is a rich cuisine, at least richer than many European countries' cuisines (I don't want to name but Germany). Freshly eaten garlic bread sticks, crispy on the outside and cotton soft inside. Although it is originated from Italian cuisine and it is a recipe made by Italian chefs who immigrated to America, it would not be wrong to say that due to its current location it belongs to American cuisine.
Bread sticks, also known as galeta in Turkey, is a pre-dinner snack in Italian and Spanish cuisine. It is also very common in these two kitchens to eat olive oil and garlic on the bread, such as in bruschetta in Italy and pan con tomate in Spain. However, it was only the chefs who had immigrated to America thought to rub olive oil and garlic on the freshly baked bread. Focaccia, another recipe that may have inspired this invention, should also be mentioned here.
Garlic bread sticks served in Italian restaurants in the USA are also suitable for Turkish palate. It is especially suitable for soups with no grains such as tomato soup and is a very suitable bread for meze tables.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 2 cups of flour,
- 10 g of instant yeast,
- 1 cup of milk,
- Juice of 1/4 lemon,
- 1 teaspoon of sugar,
- 1 teaspoon of salt.
- 2 spoonful of butter,
- 2 cloves of garlic,
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme or basil,
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt,
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese.
- Heat the milk until warm,
- Add the lemon juice and set aside for 5 mins. (until curdles),
- Take the curdled milk into mixing bowl, add yeast and sugar and mix,
- Start to knead by adding the flour gradually,
- Add salt in half of the flour and continue to knead,
- Add the remaining flour gradually and knead until you obtain a soft consistency dough that does not stick to the hand,
- Cover and set aside for 30-45 min.,
- Knead the dough again, take a walnut-sized piece and pressing back and forth with two hands form a stick,
- Place the stick into a baking tray covered with wax paper,
- Prepare the remaining dough in the same way,
- Set aside the sticks for 20 mins.,
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 190 degrees until golden brown,
- Melt the butter in a saucepan just before removing the breadsticks from the oven,
- Add salt, thyme and chopped garlic and mix,
- Take the bread sticks out of the oven and grease them with the butter mixture asap,
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan and serve hot.