Turkish Kuskus Pilaf Recipe
Kuskus is among the Turkish home made pastas. Home made pastas are made generally one a year around September (for winter) in Turkey. The most known home made pastas are kuskus, erişte and kesme. In my home town we have something called orak aşı as well but it's known to just a small community. It's also possible that there are more regional ones all around Turkey.
I have promised kuskus recipe last year but in my last visit to Turkey I couldn't find it, so I just postponed it to another travel to Turkey. But a few weeks back I found kuskus in a small Arabic market very close to my home in Madrid. It was like a The Alchemist story.
I'm adding some broth to it while cooking and I like it a lot. But if you don't like broth, if you are vegan or if you don't have broth, you can use water instead.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 1 cup Turkish kuskus pasta,
- 1 tablespoon butter,
- 1 cup broth,
- 2 cups of water,
- Salt to taste.
- Melt the butter and add kuskus,
- Stir continuously until partly brownish,
- Add water, broth, salt and mix,
- Cover and cook on low heat until it absorbs all the water,
- Remove from heat and set aside for 10-15 mins. before serving.