Patatas Bravas Recipe
Today we have another Spanish recipe. It's not Spanish actually, it's a Catalan recipe. You can find patates bravas in all around Spain but you can find the best ones in Catalunya. For me Restaurante Carmesi in Barcelona makes the best of it.
It's basically home made potato fries with home made ketchup and home made garlic mayoinese by the way. It's really simple but very delicious. Especially if you use fresh ingredients you can just quit traditional ketchup and mayoinese and start to make your own.
You can either fry or bake the potatoes.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 6 medium potatoes,
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil,
For Brava Sauce;
- 2 medium tomatoes, grated,
- Half of an onion, grated,
- 1 clove of garlic, grated,
- 1/2 tsp of paprika,
- 1/2 tsp sugar,
- 3 tablespoons olive oil.
For Aioli Sauce;
- 3 clove of garlic,
- 1/4 cup of olive oil,
- For the brava sauce, heat olive oil in a pan,
- Add into onion and garlic, sautee for 3-4 mins.,
- Add the ground chilli pepper and stir,
- Add the grated tomatoes and cook until set,
- Pulse with an immersion blender until smooth,
- Add salt and sugar, stir, cook for one more min. and than remove from heat,
- Pass through a fine strainer,
- For the aioli sauce mash the garlic and salt with a pestle and mortar,
- Take the mixture into a deep narrow container,
- Add the olive oil first in drips, then like a string and run the hand mixer at the same time (this will make the olive oil emulsify) until the sauce is set,
- Peel potatoes and dice in cubes,
- Heat oil in a deep pan, add potatoes and fry until golden,
- Take the potatoes on a serving tray,
- Spread the brava sauce over or serve alioli sauce beside.
Bon appetit ...