Patatas Bravas Recipe
Today we have another Spanish recipe. It's not Spanish actually, it's a Catalan recipe. You can find patates bravas in all around Spain but you can find the best ones in Catalunya. For me Restaurante Carmesi in Barcelona makes the best of it.
It's basically home made potato fries with home made ketchup and home made garlic mayoinese by the way. It's really simple but very delicious. Especially if you use fresh ingredients you can just quit traditional ketchup and mayoinese and start to make your own.
In my recipe instead of frying the potatoes I baked them to make healthier. You can either fry or bake them.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 6 medium potatoes,
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil,
For Brava Sauce;
- 2 medium tomatoes, grated,
- Half of an onion, grated,
- 1 clove of garlic,grated,
- 1/2 tsp ground chilli pepper,
- 1/2 tsp sugar,
- 3 tablespoons olive oil.
For Aioli Sauce;
- 1 egg,
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice,
- 1 clove of garlic,
- 1/2 cup of olive oil,
- For the brava sauce, heat olive oil in a pan,
- Add into onion and garlic, sautee for 3-4 mins.,
- Add the ground chilli pepper and stir,
- Add the grated tomatoes and cook until set,
- Pulse with an immersion blender until smooth,
- Add salt and sugar, stir, cook for one more min. and than remove from heat,
- For the aioli sauce, take the eggs, the garlic, the lemon juice and salt in a narrow and deep bowl,
- Pulse the blender until smooth,
- Continue to run the blender by gradually adding the olive oil until the sauce is set,
- Peel potatoes and dice in cubes,
- Heat oil in a deep pan, add potatoes and fry until golden,
- Take the potatoes on a serving tray,
- Spread the brava sauce over or serve alioli sauce beside.
Bon appetit ...