A Spanish recipe on a Turkish food recipes blog again:) In Turkey we are not eating just Turkish food indeed, we love to try new recipes from different countries. If we like the recipe we change it according to our taste. Please don’t judge us, but we like to bake pizza for breakfast:) When you remove the ingredients such as mushrooms or corns in pizza, the rest is what we eat in breakfast, so why not?
We have something called eggs with potatoes in Turkish cuisine also, but it’s a little bit different then Spanish tortilla. We don’t use too much oil and we chop the potatoes in tiny cubes. This makes the potatoes cook with little oil in a short time.
From what I wrote above I guess you understand the basics of tortilla. You should use lots of oil, preferably olive oil, and you should chop the potatoes in round shape. The third important thing to make a perfect tortilla is to set aside the eggs and potatoes mixture in the fridge for a few hours.
You can use onions also. To add oniıon you should just chop some onion and add into the oil together with potatoes.
Enjoy the recipe…
- 3 large potatoes,
- 4 eggs,
- 2 cups of olive oil.
- Peel the potatoes and chop them into thin rounds,
- Fry the olive oil in a frying pan,
- Add the potatoes and cook until they are crispy at the edges and soften, remove from the oil into a deep bowl,
- Once the potatoes are warmed, add the eggs and salt into it and mix,
- Cover it with a plastic wrap and let it rest for 2-3 hours in the fridge,
- In a18-20 cm pan heat 2 tablespoons olive oil,
- Add the egg mixture and cook in low to moderate heat until the bottom is fried,
- Turn the omelette upside down and cook the other side until fried.