Baked Spicy Potatoes Recipe
This is a recipe that I make regularly for breakfasts, lunches and dinners. I make fresh potatoes without peeling them in the summer, it tastes even better. I usually prefer it for breakfast or with crispy chicken dishes or meatballs. But it is also a very refreshing recipe as a snack. Although the amount of oil is very small, they are crispy because they are well blended with oil.
Sometimes I also make a simple tomato sauce on them, I just can't get enough of it. Of course, you can also consume it with homemade ketchup if you wish.
The most important thing you need to know about the recipe is that the potatoes should not lie on top of each other in order for the potatoes to be crispy. They should be cooked on a large tray without touching each other as much as possible. When they touch, they become soft, like boiled potatoes.
- 3 pieces of medium size potatos,
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil,
- 1 teaspoon of salt,
- 1 teaspoon of pepper flakes,
- 1 teaspoon thyme,
- 1 teaspoon dried mint,
- 1 teaspoon ground chilli.
- Peel the potatoes and chop them up in large cubes,
- Take the potatoes into a deep bowl and add enough boiling water to pass them over and wait for 2 min.,
- Drain the potatoes and take into another container and add the oil, salt and spices and mix,
- Spread the potatoes on the baking tray covered with wax paper,
- Bake in a 190 C degrees pre-heated oven until golden.