- 100 g (2 small) beetroot,
- 1/2 cup wheat berry, washed and drained,
- 5 heaping spoon of plain yogurt,
- 1 clove of garlic, mashed,
- Juice of 1/2 lemon,
- Salt to taste,
- 4 cups of water at room temperature,
- 1 handful of chopped scallion.
- Peel and chop the beetroots,
- In a deep pan combine chopped beetroots, wheat berry and water,
- Cook covered in medium heat until tender,
- In a deep bowl mix yogurt, garlic and lemon juice,
- Add a scoop of hot sooup and beat fast, add another scoop and keep beating,
- Add the mixture back into the pan and stir well,
- Set in the fridge until cold,
- Garnish with chopped scallion while serving.