Leopard Print Pastry Recipe
Serving : 15-20 Pieces
- 2 eggs,
- 1 cup warm milk,
- 1 cup warm water,
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil,
- 40 gr. rapid-rise yeast,
- 3 teaspoons salt,
- 1.5 tablespoons sugar,
- 6 cups all purpose flour.
For filling; cheese, ground meat or any other filling you like.
For the coating;
- 1 cup rice flour,
- 3/4 cup warm water,
- 2 teaspoons rapid-rise yeast,
- 2 teaspoons salt,
- 2 teaspoons sugar,
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- Place 5 cups of flour in a large bowl,
- Stir in the yeast, salt and sugar,
- Make a cavity in the centre and add the eggs and vegetable oil,
- Start mixing with your hands while adding the warm milk and water slowly,
- Add the last cup of flour slowly (you may not need all of it) and knead until everything comes together to form a non-sticky dough,
- Sprinkle some extra flour on top and cover and let the dough rest for 30 mins,
- Knead the dough for 1 min and pull clementine size pieces, place some of the filling in the centre and mold the dough around the filling to form smooth round balls,
- Place the pastries on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper,
- Cover and let them rise for 30 mins,
- In the meantime, whisk all the ingredients for the coating together until you reach the consistency of a smooth cake batter,
- Let this mixture rest for 10 mins,
- Whisk the mixture again and place 2 teaspoons of this mixture onto each pastry,
- Bake at 190 degrees preheated oven until the top is golden brown.