Kataifi Rolls With Phyllo
Although the first recipes that come to mind when it comes to Ramadan are Ramadan pide and Güllaç, it's impossible to think Ramadan without a syrup dessert. The biggest advantage of syrup desserts is that they can be kept for a long time and are always at hand. We can say that they are high labor performance. What could be more suitable for Ramadan?
Kataifi rolls with phyllo is a delicious, crunchy and practical recipe combining kataifi and phyllo. I designed the recipe in such a way that it will not be too syrupy and it will protect its crunch even if it waits. It completely absorbs the syrup, there is no extra syrup underneath. If you like syrup desserts with plenty of syrup, you can increase the amount of syrup.
I used walnuts as filling. You can also use hazelnuts, peanuts or pistachios instead of walnuts.
Finally, I will give a little advice about desserts made with phyllo. It is necessary not to cook the phyllo too much. Even when it get brown a little more than usual, it starts to give a slight burn taste. If your dessert turns brown immediately but the bottom is not baked enough, you can continue baking by covering it with a piece of greaseproof paper.
Let me make another warning. When preparing your dessert, be quick and cover the waiting phyllos so that the waiting phyllos don't dry out.
Enjoy the recipe ...
Kataifi Rolls With Phyllo with Video
- 14 phyllo leaves,
- 400 g fresh kataifi,
- 1.5 cups of walnuts,
- 125 g butter,
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
For the syrup;
- 2 cups of sugar,
- 2.5 cups of water,
- A few drops of fresh lemon juice.
- For syrup take sugar, water and lemon juice in a sauce pan,
- Cook in high heat until the sugar melts and the syrup begins to boil,
- Decrease the heat and simmer for 15 minutes more,
- Melt the butter and mix it with oil,
- Spread one phyllo lef on the counter,
- Spread oil mixture on top and place another phyllo leaf over,
- Sprinkle kadayıf and ground walnuts on it,
- Wrap it on the short edge in the form of a roll and slice it up to 2 cm thickness,
- Place the slices in a greased 30 cm baking pan,
- Prepare the remaining ingredients in the same way,
- Spread over the remaining oil mixture,
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C until golden brown,
- Take it out of the oven and wait for 1-2 minutes and then pour the syrup over evenly,
- You can serve after it cools down.