- 18 sheets phyllo gough,
- 3 cups walnuts,
- 200 g butter, melted,
- 3 cups sugar,
- 3 cups water,
- 1 slice of lemon.
- Prepare the syrup: place sugar, water and lemon slice in a small saucepan and bring to the boil,
- Allow the syrup to boil 20 minutes without stirring,
- Remove from heat, set aside to cool.
- Pulse the walnuts in a food processor until finely ground,
- Remove the phyllo dough from its packaging, and place a clean, damp cloth on top to keep them from drying out,
- Place one sheet horizontally on your work surface (the long side facing you), and brush all over with melted butter,
- Place another sheet on top and brush with butter,
- Place the third sheet on top and brush with butter,
- Spoon 3-5 tbsp walnuts into a line in the middle of the sheets and fold the sheets in half,
- Brush with butter again, then roll the sheets,
- Place in an appropriate size baking dish,
- repeat the process with the remaining ingredients,
- Using a sharp knife, cut the arranged logs into bite-sized fingers, about 5 cm long,
- Bake in a 170 C degrees pre-heated oven until crisp and golden brown (around 45 mins.),
- Remove from oven, set aside for 2 mins., then pour the syrup all over,
- Set aside until it absorbs the syrup,
- Serve with ground pistachios.