- 150 g kadayıf,
- 125 g unsalted, shredded mozzarella cheese or any other white, stringy, unsalted cheese,
- 3 heaping spoons butter.
- 1 cup sugar,
- 1 cup water,
- A few drops of lemon juice.
- In a medium pot, combine sugar, water and lemon juice, put on the stove,
- Let it boil for 15 mins., then remove from heat and let it cool,
- Melt the butter,
- Chop the kataifi,
- Place half of kataifi in a 15 cm pan and press hard with your hands,
- Pour half of the melted butter over,
- Press with your hands very hard (make all kataifi stick together very well),
- Place sliced mozzarella cheese on top,
- Place the remaining kataifi on top, add butter,
- Press again with your hands,
- Put on the stove in low heat,
- Cook until the bottom turns golden, constantly turning the pan,
- Then turn the kunefe upside down and cook under again constantly turning the pan,
- Remove from heat and pour syrup immediately,
- You can garnish with ground pistachios,
- Serve immediately.