- 100 g kadaifi (shredded phyllo dough),
- 100 g unsalted, shredded mozzeralla cheese or any other white, stringy, unsalted cheese,
- 2 tbsps butter.
- 1,5 cups sugar,
- 1,5 cups water,
- 1 slice of lemon.
- In a medium pot, combine sugar, water and slice of lemon, put on the stove,
- Let it boil for 15 mins., then remove from heat,
- Remove the lemon slice from syrup and let it cool,
- Melt the butter,
- Place half of kadaifi in a 15 cm pan and shred with your hands,
- Pour half of the melted butter over,
- Press with your hands very hard (make all kadaifi stick together very well),
- Place the mozzarella cheese on top,
- Place the remaining kadaifi on top, shed and add butter,
- Press again with your hands,
- Put on the stove in low heat,
- Cook until the bottom turns golden, constantly turning the pan,
- Then turn the kunefe unpside down and cook under again constantly turning the pan,
- Remove from heat and por syrup immediately,
- You can garnish with pistachios.