Frozen Strawberry Parfait Recipe
Parfait is a summer dessert of French cuisine. I started to make summer desserts, so maybe summer will crave it now :) It can be called hard ice cream, maybe when describing what kind of dessert it is. But for me - because I find ready-made ones very sweet - it is a good alternative to ice cream. Moreover, you can prepare it with the fruits of your choice according to the season.
After preparing it, it is also possible to store it in your freezer for a long time by putting it in a closed container. It's sure to be a great treat for your surprise guests.
History of Parfait
The history of parfait dates back to the 1800s. It is basically a dessert made from a mixture of egg, cream and fruit puree. Since I do not prefer to use raw eggs, I did not add eggs. In addition to the cream, I used strained yogurt to lighten its flavor. My comment on this parfait. I was very satisfied with the result. I hope you try and like it too.
By the way, parfait literally means "perfect". It's a perfect dessert on its name :)
Having trouble with Stretch Film?
Finding the beginning and end of the stretch film, removing one side without sticking to the roll, cutting it neatly, etc. If it turns into a torture for you, look for the problem in the brand you use, not in yourself. Unfortunately, some brands' stretch films can be so annoying that you sit down on a bad day and cry.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 1 pack (200 ml) heavy cream,
- 5-6 heaped tablespoons of strained yogurt,
- 1 cup of powdered sugar,
- 500 g of strawberries (washed and leaves removed) + 10 strawberries,
- Grated coconut and strawberries to garnish.
- Beat the cream and powdered sugar until fluffy and thickened,
- Blend the strawberries until they become puree,
- Mix the strained yogurt, strawberry puree and whipped cream in a deep bowl,
- Chop 10 strawberries into small pieces and add them to the mixture,
- Cover the mold you will use with cling film and pour the mixture into the mold,
- Keep it in the freezer for 1 night,
- The next day, you can turn it upside down and place it on a serving plate and garnish with grated coconut and strawberries.