Sweet And Spicy Chicken Recipe
Sweet and spicy chicken recipe is a great recipe for those who like recipes from Asian sauces. It is impossible to get enough of the crispy chicken pieces covered in sweet and spicy sauce. It is quite satisfying if it is served with plain rice on the side.
Although the sweet and spicy sauce is very similar to general tso chicken in terms of the preparation logic of the chicken, its flavor is quite different. If you are not comfortable with hot spice, general tso chicken may be a more suitable dish for you. If you like it very hot, you can increase the amount of hot pepper in the sweet and spicy chicken recipe.
The recipe begins by marinating the chickens with eggs and soy sauce. After making the marinade mixture, if you have time, you can rest the chickens in the refrigerator for half an hour (up to 12 hours if you want to prepare it in advance). After the chickens are marinated, they are covered with starch. This ensures that the chicken is crispy as it fries. Frying is done in deep oil. Roasting or baking in the oven will not give very successful results, but if you have an airfryer, I think it will give satisfactory results.
After the chickens are fried, it's time to prepare the sauce. This step is pretty easy too. First of all, garlic, ginger and red pepper are stir fried in olive oil. It is used to support the sweetness of the sauce, and also its colorful appearance in the dish is very pleasing. The more you caramelize the red pepper, the stronger the aroma it will give. Then the remaining ingredients are added and cooked by mixing until the sauce thickens. This entire process takes no more than five minutes. Although it is a recipe with several stages, it is an easily prepared recipe as every stage take a short time. But if you want a chicken recipe with a sauce that is prepared in a shorter time and does not require deep frying, you can try the lemon chicken recipe.
You can garnish it with hot peppers, spring onions and sesame seeds, or any other way you want. Ingredients used to garnish are not indispensable for the recipe.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 800 g chicken breast,
- 1 egg,
- 4-5 tablespoons of soy sauce,
- 1 cup of starch (corn or wheat doesn't matter).
For the sauce;
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil,
- 1 clove of garlic,
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger or ground ginger,
- 1 red pepper,
- 1 hot pepper (of any colour),
- 1 teaspoon of cornstarch,
- 1 heaping tablespoon of brown sugar,
- 6-7 tablespoons of soy sauce,
- 1 cup of room at temperature water.
- Oil for frying,
- Spring onions and sesame seeds for topping.
- Cut the chickens into cubes and take them into a bowl,
- Add the egg and soy sauce and mix,
- If you have time, refrigerate 30 minutes,
- Take the chickens into a starch-filled plate and dip them in starch,
- Heat the oil for deep frying in a sauce pan,
- Add the chickens in several batches, fry them and remove them into a strainer,
- For the sauce, heat the oil in a large pan,
- Add finely chopped garlic, red pepper and ginger and stir fry,
- Add sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce and water and mix,
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened,
- Add finely chopped hot pepper and mix (you can reserve some for topping),
- Add the chickens, mix and cook on low heat for one minute, stirring, and remove from the heat,
- Distribute on serving plates and sprinkle with hot pepper, spring onions and sesame seeds.
Enjoy your meal...