- 1 kg carrots (10 big carrots),
- 6.5 tablespoons starch,
- 1 cup sugar,
- 1 cup water,
- Unsweetened shredded coconut.
- Shave off the skins of the carrots and boil until really soft and tender,
- Blanch the carrots in cold water and thinly grate into a large saucepan,
- In a bowl whisk together the water, sugar and starch,
- Add the mixture to the carrots and put the saucepan on low heat,
- Cook stirring occasionally until the carrots absorb all the water and the custard thickens,
- Pour the custard into a 20X20 cm dish moistened with cold water and even it out,
- Refrigerate overnight,
- Slice into large cubes and cover with shredded coconut.