- 125 gr. butter softened at room temperature,
- 2 eggs (1 egg yolk will be used to brush the top),
- 1/4 cup vinegar,
- 1/4 cup warm water,
- 2.5 teaspoons salt,
- 2 teaspoons mahlab powder,
- 25 gr. baking powder,
- 3,5 cups all purpose flour.
- Whisk together butter, 1 egg, 1 egg white, water and vinegar in a large bowl,
- In a separate bowl mix flour, salt, mahlab and baking powder,
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture slowly and carefully while mixing with your hands,
- Knead everything with your hands until you get a soft non-sticky dough,
- Roll the dough on the counter, cut with round cookie cutters, cut the middle with a smaller cookie cutter,
- Place simits on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and brush with 1 egg yolk,
- Sprinkle sesame seeds or black cumin seeds on top,
- Bake in an oven preheated to 180 degrees Celsius until golden brown.