Baked Potato Moussaka Recipe
By the weekend, I wanted to share a slightly distracting recipe for those who prepare their meals on the weekend. The recipe is definitely not difficult, do not be afraid. It consists of only a few simple stages. When it comes to stage, you guess it takes some time. But be sure that it is worth more than the time you spend. You can definitely take it between the meals you make while hosting guests.
You can roast the minced meat a day beforehand. But it will be more delicious if you cook potatoes and carrots on the day you serve them. I think it is not very convenient to cook it beforehand as they will release itself as long as you wait. You can also grate the cheddar the day before. On the last day, it remains only to bake the vegetables and combine all the ingredients.
In the meantime, let me give you a tip. If you use too much cheddar in your meals, you can grate your cheddar in your spare time, put it in refrigerator bags, freeze it, take it out and use it directly when you need it. Although it seems like a simple process, it takes time, actually the grating process. Cleaning the splashes on the counter, washing the grater, etc. When you look at it, it goes 10 minutes. As you know, those 10 minutes are worth gold in emergency times.
You can make your moussaka in large (mine are 12 cm) soufflé pots, casseroles, any similar ovenware, or you can make it on a large tray and serve it by slicing. Since the sauce is not very juicy, it will be sliced without too much dispersion.
- 3 medium sized potatoes,
- 1 carrot,
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil,
- Salt to taste,
- 1.5 cups grated any kind of melting cheese (mozzarella, parmesan, greve, etc),
For Ground Beef Sauce;
- 250 g ground beef,
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 1 green pepper, chopped,
- 1 red pepper, chopped,
- 1 tbsp tomato paste,
- 1 tomato, chopped,
- 3-4 tbsp vegetable oil,
- 1/2 tsp ground chilli,
- Black pepper,
- Peel and potatoes and carrot,
- Chop potatoes into cubes and carrots into round shape,
- In a deep bowl combine potatoes and carrots with vegetable oil and salt,
- Pour into a baking pan covered with parchement paper,
- Bake in a 190 C degrees pre-heated oven until crispy,
- For sauce heat vegetable oil and add onion, cook until tender,
- Add ground beef and cook until all of its juice is evaporated,
- Add tomato paste and cook for a few mins. more,
- Add ground red pepper, stir,
- Add chopped red and green peppers, stir fry until tender,
- Add tomato, mix and cook until tender,
- Add salt and pepper, cook 2-3 mins.,
- Share cooked potato and carrots into 4 12 cm casseroles,
- Pour sauce over,
- Cover with grated cheese,
- Bake in 180 C degrees until golden.