Yumurtalı Ekmek Recipe
"Yumurtalı Ekmek" is one of our traditional breakfast recipes. But now, probably because we are gradually getting away from fried foods and fatty foods (of course, there is the smell of frying in the house), it is not made as often as before. Maybe the next generation will forget about this delicious taste. I also try to do it once in a while so that the taste is not erased from our palate, although it is not often.
Although it is called by different names such as "cici papa" and "bread fish", I think the most commonly used name in different regions is "yumurtalı ekmek" which translates to "bread with eggs". This is how it is called in our country. It is especially good with stale bread. Since soft breads absorb too much eggs, they remain doughy, which is something I don't like. Again, due to the softness of the bread, it absorbs the oil too much. In my opinion, a good egg bread should be crispy on the outside and slightly moist and soft on the inside. When this moistness and softness goes beyond the light, the egg bread loses its pleasure.
When it is made with slightly stale homemade bread (you may want to look at the recipes with stale bread) or an equivalent bread, you will not be satisfied with its taste. In fact, if you don't listen to your inner voice that says you need to stop, it is very likely to miss the point. That's why it's best to do it once in a while like I do. Let's not forget the taste, nor consume a lot and gain weight, right? While we are ready for the weekend and the weather is so suitable for walking, make it crispy and eat it, but then do not neglect the walk.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 2 eggs,
- 1/2 cup of milk,
- 1 handful of minced parsley,
- 10-12 slices of bread,
- 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Whisk together the egg, salt, milk and minced parsley,
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet,
- Dip both sides of the bread in the egg mixture and place on the skillet,
- Cook on both sides until golden brown,
- Remove them from the skillet and place on a plate lined with paper towel,
- Now add 1 more tablespoon of butter in the skillet and cook the rest of the bread slices (wipe the skillet with paper towel to get rid of any burnt butter),
- Continue until you use up all the bread.