Turkish Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
There are some recipes, very special not only with flavor, but also with what they remind you of. These chocolate chip cookies are one of them. With the first bite, I'm getting into my childhood. Because they taste like mom's cookie. But not just my mom, all of the moms. It tastes like the cookies baked by the mothers in my childhood.
They don't contain a special ingredient, just any ingredients that are used any cookies. But there are a few important points you should pay attention. First of all, your butter must be at room temperature. With solid or melted butter you can't obtain the consistency you need. The sugar should be powdered sugar in order to melt easily. You can use either wheat or corn starch, there is no difference in between.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 100 g butter at room temperature,
- 1 egg,
- 3/4 cups + 1 tablespoon powdered sugar,
- 1/2 cup starch (corn or wheat)
- 1,5 cups of flour,
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder,
- 1 tsp baking powder,
- 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Mix butter, egg and 3/4 cup powdered sugar in a mixing bowl,
- Add starch, baking powder and 1/2 cup of flour, start to knead,
- Add the remaining flour part by part and knead until you reach a dough that doesn't stick to your hands,
- Divide the dough into 2 equal parts,
- Add cocoa powder and 1 tbsp powdered sugar into one part and knead until incorporated well,
- Add 1/4 cup of the chocolate chips into cocoa dough and 1/4 into plain dough and knead separately,
- Make walnut sized balls and gently press,
- Place the cookies into a baking tray covered with wax paper,
- place the remaining chocolate chips on top of the cookies,
- Bake in a 180 C degrees pre-heated oven until tiny cracks appear on top,
- Turn off the heat and wait 5 mins. before removing the cookies from the oven.