Sushi Waffle Recipe
Sushi waffle is a recipe that has become quite popular on Tiktok lately. I don't try every Tiktok recipe I see and I don't even find most of them appetizing, but as soon as I saw this, I realized that it was just for me and I decided to try it as soon as possible.
I only consider it my duty to correct a material mistake related to the recipe. They called the recipe sushi waffle, but actually it should be crispy rice waffle. The food that is cooked like sushi rice and then fried is called crispy rice. However, since the recipe is famous with the name of sushi waffle, I found it right to share it with this name.
Adding my own little interpretation to the recipe, instead of using raw sushi fish, I used baked salmon. In this way, the combination of hot fish and cold cucumber on hot crispy rice became a delicious warm meal. By the way, salmon is not necessary. You can use the large size fish you want by cleaning the skin and bones. If you want to make it vegan, you can use oyster mushrooms with soy sauce or boiled red beans.
By the way, it would be useful to say a few words about the cooking process. Because in Tiktok videos, everything is prepared and cooked in seconds, and they don't face any problems, but unfortunately, real life is not like that. My first waffle stuck to the waffle maker even though I greased it. When I realized that if I opened the lid on the second time, I would experience the same thing, I decided to reset the heat and wait for the machine to cool. This method worked. It may be entirely related to my machine, but it's not surprising that the rice sticks to the waffle maker. Keep it in mind if you have a similar problem.
The heat setting of the machine I use has 6 levels. I cooked it for about 7 minutes at a setting like 4.5, and I turned off the heat and kept it waiting for another 7 minutes. In other words, it took about 15 minutes for only a waffle to cook. Briefly it is a recipe that takes a lot of time to cook the rice, cool it, prepare the fish, and chop the other ingredients. It can be done as a weekend activity, its taste is worth the effort. But although it gives such a vibe, it is not a practical recipe that can be prepared after work on weekdays.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 1+1/4 cups of sushi rice,
- 2 cups of water at room temperature,
- 4 tablespoons of rice vinegar,
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil,
- 5 teaspoons of sugar,
- 5 teaspoons of salt,
- 400 g of salmon,
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil,
- 1 teaspoon of paprika,
- 2 tablespoons of cream cheese,
- 1 cucumber,
- 1/2 avocado,
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise,
- 1 tablespoon of hot pepper sauce,
- Take the rice in a strainer and wash it under running water until the starch is gone,
- Take the washed rice in a small pot and add water into it,
- Close the lid and cook on high heat until it starts to boil,
- When it starts to boil, reduce the heat and cook until the water is absorbed,
- Open the lid and mix, transfer it to a separate container and leave to cool,
- Meanwhile, remove the skin and bones of the salmon and chop the salmon into small pieces,
- Mix salmon, olive oil, paprika and salt in a bowl,
- Spread the salmon into a baking tray covered with greased paper and bake it in a preheated oven at 190 degrees until golden brown,
- Add sugar, salt and sesame oil to rice vinegar and mix,
- Add the mixture to the completely cooled rice and mix well,
- Spread one third of the mixture on the waffle maker that ypu greased,
- Press the lid and cook until golden brown,
- Take it from the machine and apply cream cheese on it,
- Sprinkle one third of the salmon on top,
- Chop cucumber and avocado and sprinkle on top,
- For the sauce, mix mayonnaise and hot pepper sauce and pour over the waffle,
- Cook and prepare the remaining rice and ingredients in two times,
- You can serve them by sprinkling sesame seeds and wakame on top.
Enjoy your meal...