Serving : 20 Pieces
- 1+1/4 cup sushi rice,
- 2 cups water, at room temperature,
- 4 tbsps rice vinegar,
- 4 tsps sugar,
- 4 tsps salt,
- 4 nori sheets,
- 50 g smoked salmon,
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced,
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced.
- Place the rice in a sieve and rinse under cold running water, to remove any excess starch, Place the rice and water in a saucepan, covered, over high heat,
- When it comes to boil reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for about 15 minutes or until all the water is absorbed and remove from heat,
- Transfer the rice to a large glass bowl and stir, set aside to cool,
- In a small bowl combine rice vinegar, salt and sugar until melts,
- Add the mixture into the cooled rice and stir with a wooden spoon,
- Place a plastic wrap on a clean surface
- Place a nori sheet,
- Use a wet spoon to spread one-fourth of the rice over the nori sheet, leaving a 3cm-wide border along the edges nearest and furthest away from you.
- Place salmon, carrot and cucumber along the nearest edge,
- Hold filling in place while rolling the plastic wrap over to enclose rice and filling,
- Repeat with remaining nori, rice, salmon and avocado.
- Use a sharp knife to slice sushi widthways into 2-3 cm-thick slices,
- Place on serving dishes with soy sauce if desired.