Purslane Soup Recipe
Is it make soup without flour?
Bulgur is not a must by the way. You can remove it from the recipe or you can use rice instead. In the meantime, I have to explain something for who follow a gluten-free diet. In most of the Turkish soups we use flour for a good consistency. When you take the flour out of the soups, they loose the beautiful consistency. Don't understand it just as they become watery. The other ingredients do not hold well also. But don't worry, it's not a problem without a solution. There is a great alternative for flour; corn flour. You can use corn flour instead of flour in soups. As it adds a pleasant aroma, it will make many soups even more delicious.
What Can I Use Instead of Purslane?
If you can't find purslane or don't want to use it, you can use the same amount of spinach, chard or kale.
Enjoy the recipe...
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 250 g of purslane, chopped,
- 3 tablespoons of thick bulgur,
- Juice of 1/2 lemon,
- 1 egg yolk,
- 6 tablespoons of plain yogurt,
- 1 tbsp of flour,
- 3-4 tablespoons of oil,
- 3 cups of water at room temp.,
- Salt to taste,
- Pepper flakes.
- Heat oil in a deep pan, add in onion and cook until soft,
- Add the Purslane and roast for a few minutes,
- Add and mix the bulgur and water,
- Cook until the bulgur is soft, stirring on a low-to-medium heat,
- Whisk yogurt, egg yolk, lemon juice and flour for dressing in a separate bowl,
- Take a dipper from the soup and add to the dressing slowly and whisk it quickly,
- Add the mixture back into the soup and mix quickly,
- Cook for a few mins. more, stirring,
- Add salt and pepper flakes, mix and remove from heat.