Today we have a very tasty winter soup today. Potato and celery soup is both nutritious and easy to make. It’s also a good way to make people, who don’t like celery, eat celery.
Can I make it without celery?
To people who don’t want to use celery can use potato soup recipe.
Once someone asked me if she can make carrot cake without carrots. She probably wants to make a cake and doesn’t have carrots at home but I wonder if there is no other cake recipes and why she is trying to make carrot cake. Not everyone has to do every recipe as everyone does not have to love everything. If you have the stuff, you can’t just do it, and when you get your stuff.
Small changes can be made in the recipes, they can be adapted of course. But I do not understand the effort to turn the simple cookie recipes into cocoa cookies when there is already a cocoa cookie recipe there. There is a recipe that will meet your requirements, why do you risk it? Very interestingly, these attempts always come from the ones who are new in the kitchen. As the experience increases, the rate of applying the recipes as how they are is also increasing. The importance of adhering to the recipes is learned by experience I guess.
Enjoy the recipe …
- 2 medium size potatoes, chopped,
- 1 small celery root, chopped,
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 3 tablespoons oil,
- 2 tablespoons corn meal,
- 5 cups of water at room temperature,
- 1 cup meat / chicken broth (if you don’t have use water),
- 1 small lemon,
- Heat oil in a pot, add the onion and sauté until soft,
- Add the potatoes and celery and stir,
- Cover the lid and cook on low heat until the potatoes are soft,
- Add the corn flour sauté 1-2 min.,
- Add the water and broth and mix,
- Cook for 5 min on low heat,
- Using a hand blender, puree the soup,
- At this stage you can add boiling water until you reach the desired consistency,
- Add the lemon juice and salt and mix and remove from heat.